Anyway, I had a few ideas.
- A game where the main hard drive carrying the game you were developing gets corrupted, and you have to find the backups before they fail too, as bad luck (or static electricity) seems to follow you today. Then when you finally find a backup, you accidentally release a super-virus on the internet and fail to survive by escape to Mars.
- Fail for the purposes of insurance fraud/ripping off investors. (Burnout and Stair/Truck Dismount kinda do this.)
- You're in a class they you're going to fail... but if the rest of the class fails too, they'll scale everyone's marks up! Cause havoc and distract your classmates without getting caught.
- Bridge builder extreme reverse! Build bridges that fail in as many ways as possible!
- Nethack + extra cruelty and no win condition.